The Talk Awards Terms & Conditions
Last Revision Date: 12/20/2017
General Terms & Conditions Applicable to All Users:
We at The Research Company sometimes refer to these Terms & Conditions as the “T&C.” The T&C apply to all use of this website, www.talkawards.com. The T&C govern your access to and use of this website and any other website or mobile applications that link to or reference these T&C, or this “Site”. By accessing or using the site, you are agreeing to the T&C. Do not access or use the site if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by the T&C.
Parties: “You” and “Your” refer to you as a user of the site. A “User” is someone who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the site. “We,” “Us,” and “Our” refer to The Stirling Center for Excellence.
Content: “Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” means content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, check-ins, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. “User Content” means content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the site. “Talk Award Content” means content that we create and make available in connection with the site. “Third-party Content” means content that originates from parties other than Stirling or its users, which is made available in connection with the site. “Site Content” means all of the content that is made available in connection with the site, including your content, User content, third-party content, and Stirling content.
Updates and Changes to the T&C: We may modify the T&C from time to time. The last revision date of the T&C will be stated at the beginning of the T&C. You understand and agree that your access to or use of the site is governed by the T&C effective at the time of your access to or use of the site. You should revisit the T&C on a regular basis, as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective and binding upon our posting of new T&C. You understand and agree that your continued access to or use of the site after the effective time of a modification to the T&C constitutes your acceptance of the modifications.
Translations: We may translate the T&C into other languages for your convenience. Nevertheless, the English version governs your relationship with Stirling, and any inconsistencies among the different versions will be resolved in favor of the English version.
Eligibility: To access or use the site, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into the T&C. You may not access or use the site if you are a competitor of ours or if we have previously banned you from the site.
Permission to Use the Site: We grant you permission to use the site subject to the restrictions in the T&C. Your use of the site is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
Site Availability: The site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended, or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
Age Of Consent: By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence, and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Who We Are:The Talk Awards is an assumed name of The Research Company, a Michigan Corporation. We are a member of the Stirling Alliance. Companies currently admitted to and participating in The Stirling Alliance can be found on the Stirling Center for Excellence home page https://stirlingcenter.org.
Disclaimer: All contents of this website, including the text and graphics, are owned or licensed to ss or to our website developer with permission to be used on this site. You may not reproduce or copy any of the material on this website without our prior written consent.
Transaction-related Terms & Conditions:
These Terms & Conditions related to transactions apply to all commercial transactions with any member of the Stirling Alliance that is contracted for, or conducted in whole or in part through the site.
Talk Award charges a flat rate for shipping and handling within the United States and Canada. Any products requiring non-electronic delivery will ship via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or other private courier within 4-6 weeks unless we have contacted you within that time to advise that they are delayed. Digital files will be sent via email attachments or other file sharing methods in the same timeframe, or earlier, unless we contact you otherwise.
Certain products and services that require input, coordination, and/or cooperation from the buyer to be produced, and delays in such, may delay product development and delivery. Custom publishing products may require additional time to write, edit, design, and distribute based on unique client needs. If you need an update on the status of the shipping of your materials or to discuss timeframes for more complicated, extensive, complex projects, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our shipping and handling costs for shipments to addresses in the United States and Canada are stated on the order form. Sorry, we do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States and Canada.
Personal Information Collection: When you purchase products or services from any member of the Stirling Alliance, as part of the buying and selling process we collect the personal information you give us, such as - but not limited to - your name, address, and email address.
Communications: With your permission, we may send you emails about Star ratings and services and products offered by Talk Award.
Security: We take reasonable precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via our website, your information is protected both online and offline as follows:
- If we use an online method for your purchases, it will be a secure, independent, third-party “gateway” for your sensitive credit or debit card information. Thus, we do not receive it if you utilize online purchasing tools. We realize that certain information, other than your credit or debit card data, may also be sensitive (like your contact information). We protect that information offline. If you provide our employees with personal information in order to assist you in ordering, our employees are trained to protect that information. If you elect to have us process your credit card information or other financial data ourselves, our employees are trained to only collect your information at the time it is being entered into a payment processing application and to not retain a record of such after it has been entered for processing. To service such transactions we may keep a redacted version of your account, such as the last four digits of your credit card account.
- The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information (PII) are kept in a secure environment.
- Your online purchases, if any, will be processed through third-party e-commerce platform providers. Your data is stored through their data storage, databases, and applications. We have selected them as third-party e-commerce platform providers, in part, based upon their stature as secure, reliable providers using and maintaining appropriate security for your data. We understand that your data handled by the third-party e-commerce platform providers is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and that your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. Upon completion your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- We understand that all direct payment gateways are obligated to adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of your credit card information used to make online purchases at our website and with our service providers involved in that process.
- For more insight, you may want to read the third-party e-commerce platform providers’ Terms of Service and Privacy Statements.
Orders: We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date). The financial information may be provided via our secure gateway and online purchase process, described above, where we would not have your financial information. However, we can provide you the option to submit your order form via phone, facsimile, or mail delivery. Regardless of your payment method, we’ll use the contact information to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you. If you ordered by any means other than our secure gateway, we will have your financial information (like credit card number and expiration date) and we will use it only to fulfill your order. We will not retain any record of it and this information will be used for billing purposes only. After your order is fulfilled, the separable portion of your order form that contains such information will be shredded and securely destroyed.
Sharing: We may share certain information with other members of the Stirling Alliance to facilitate contacting you or fulfilling your requests or order. We may also share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person or company. If we use an outside shipping company to ship orders or a gateway and/or credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services, we will have an agreement with those companies that they do not retain, share, store, or use PII for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order. Similarly, if a member of the Stirling Alliance is the provider of any specific services for which you sign up (such as courses through The Stirling Center), we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. We will have an agreement with those third-party companies that they are not allowed to use PII except for the purpose of providing these specific services. If our business is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.